Project outlines can be submitted from 1st January to 31st January and from 1st July to 31stJuly of a calendar year.
Who is the applicant?
Applications for Phase I of funding are submitted by the university or research institute.
Stage I of the application procedere - project outline
In Stage I project outlines of the research teams are submitted by the university or research institution. Applicants are requested to use the electronic application system easy-Skizze.
The documents for the first stage include:
- Project description as per outline (Appendix I.1)
- Work plan: detailed description and time plan for the work packages (Document: I.2)
- Details of the entrepreneurial team (Appendix I.3)
- [Form as per appendix I.3 for every Person, supplemented by a copy of the most recent certificate in each case]]
- Statement by the specialist mentor (Appendix I.4)
- Statement by the Entrepreneurial Network (Appendix I.5)
- easy-Skizze ()
The completed documents are to be submitted in electronic form via the easy-Online portal as well as in paper form (in original) to Project Management Jülich (PtJ), (to be received by the end of the respective submission deadline).
All applications for the EXIST grants have to be in German (EXIST Business Start-up and EXIST Transfer of Research). Exception: Only applicants for EXIST Start-up Germany-Israel can apply in English.
The project outlines will be reviewed with regard to form and content requirements as per BMWi guidelines for EXIST Transfer of Research dated 27th November, 2014 (Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy - Directive on the funding of research-intensive business start-ups ().
Stage II of the application procedere- complete documents
Following a favourable review of the project outline the applicant will be requested to present the proposal to an expert jury and to submit a formal application.
The documents for the second stage include:
- or "AZK"of the easy-Online application system, in electronic format via the easy-Online portal and in paper form with legally binding signature of the university or research institute.
- Cognizance of the facts relevant for subsidies (appendix I.6)
Completed documents are to be submitted in electronic form via the portal and in paper form (in original) to the Project Management Jülich (PtJ).
The project description and work plan do not have to be submitted again unless the review leads to a request for additional information that will be requested by the Project Management Jülich (PtJ).
Where may applications be submitted?
Project outlines and applications are submitted by the university or research institute to Project Management Jülich (PtJ), which has been commissioned by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy.